David Ross

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Ross should be fired. Being in Counsell.

A manager should be judged on results. Ross fell short. Counselldid not. It is a simple issue that has a simple answer.

Everything else is pointless. Given little talent. Injuries. Dealing with injury.

All teams deal with this. What matters is the bottom line. Did he win when needed to? No. He kept doing the same thing expecting a different result.

Yet again benching Canario and PCA and watching the O do nothing until the game was nearly done

I give Ross cred for sticking to his guns. Blanks and all.
Nah.

Let's promote Tommy Hottovy. Bright guy, pitchers seem to listen to him and respect him.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Oh, okay, let me add some context so that you can't possibly think that's my point.

The Braves won a world series with their current manager and also have the 1 seed locked up.

The Cubs, however, have went from a 95% chance to make the playoffs to a 35% chance to make the playoffs despite playing bottom dwellers and a mediocre Diamondbacks team the last few weeks. Ross has also never proven he can win as a manager.

Hopefully that clears things up.
OK so when the Cubs went from 10 games under .500 to 10 games over .500, I assume you thought Ross was in line for manager of the year? Again this is your logic. Your taking a very long baseball season and picking on a manager when they are in a bad streak.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Nah.

Let's promote Tommy Hottovy. Bright guy, pitchers seem to listen to him and respect him.

Well that is a fine and dandy. They can get together and roast weenies over the weekend too.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
OK so when the Cubs went from 10 games under .500 to 10 games over .500, I assume you thought Ross was in line for manager of the year? Again this is your logic. Your taking a very long baseball season and picking on a manager when they are in a bad streak.

I just don’t think an intelligent guy watches Morel swing at pitches in the left handed batter’s box daily and then says “in a must win game, gotta pencil this guy into the 3 hole ahead of Bellinger”

That’s simply not something an intelligent person would ever do.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Jared Young over Canario is so bizarre.

I think Ross is trolling at this point to see how pathetic his decisions can be.

Jared Young is hitting .189.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
THis didn't age well at all, lol.

By that logic then Ross should have already been fired for hitting Morel 3rd on Saturday and Sunday since Morel hit into a key double play on Saturday that turned a bases loaded nobody out situation into 1 run only. Then stranded a runner in the first inning Sunday with a horrible at bat with a runner on 3rd and 1 out.

Hilariously, he struck out and grounded out softly vs the starting pitcher. So no, it didn’t age poorly. Are you special? Or is this your brain actually working at full capacity?

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
I guess by this logic though, Maddon made a 1000 IQ move by pitching Chapman in a 9-2 game in game 6 of the 2016 World Series, since the Cubs won game 7 anyway.

No wonder our country is doomed, nobody has any critical thinking skills anymore. Sad.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
By that logic then Ross should have already been fired for hitting Morel 3rd on Saturday and Sunday since Morel hit into a key double play on Saturday that turned a bases loaded nobody out situation into 1 run only. Then stranded a runner in the first inning Sunday with a horrible at bat with a runner on 3rd and 1 out.

Hilariously, he struck out and grounded out softly vs the starting pitcher. So no, it didn’t age poorly. Are you special? Or is this your brain actually working at full capacity?
This is called a red herring. Good job!

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
This is called a red herring. Good job!

Do you think starting 3 for his last 29 Jared Young was the right decision at the time?

The irony of the discussion is that he went 0-2 with 2 bad at bats vs a 10 ERA starting pitcher.

I actually have no issues with him facing the sidearm pitcher who he hit the home run off of. Lefties generally hit sidearm pitchers pretty well and righties generally don’t.

Somehow I feel like this conversation is a bit above your head.

Sounds like you’re in the camp that bad decisions that work out are good moves and bad decisions that don’t work out are things Ross couldn’t have anticipated for. The only logical solution with your thought process is to give Ross a 100 year contract and 50% ownership of the team.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ross should be fired. Being in Counsell.

A manager should be judged on results. Ross fell short. Counselldid not. It is a simple issue that has a simple answer.

Everything else is pointless. Given little talent. Injuries. Dealing with injury.

All teams deal with this. What matters is the bottom line. Did he win when needed to? No. He kept doing the same thing expecting a different result.

Yet again benching Canario and PCA and watching the O do nothing until the game was nearly done

I give Ross cred for sticking to his guns. Blanks and all.
Manager of the year for any guy that can turn that Trainwreck around.
Uh oh.....looks like the wind changed again.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Uh oh.....looks like the wind changed again.
lol. Not even. Good win though.

I'll just kick my feet back after Jed fires David and pretty much says that a new direction is needed.

Councell is on the market Francona should be also. So I can see this being the case. It is not like this is a unique thing with this front office. When the window opened they made a management change.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol. Not even. Good win though.

I'll just kick my feet back after Jed fires David and pretty much says that a new direction is needed.

Councell is on the market Francona should be also. So I can see this being the case. It is not like this is a unique thing with this front office. When the window opened they made a management change.
Thank you, sir. It's always good to eat a little crow now and then. I've done it myself more than a few times.

Just a heads up....the latest nitwit on the Forum is looking for a buddy.....apparently, you're it.

Counsel is riding the coattails for the Brewer staff, he's more lucky than good. Besides Ricketts would never pay him the money that Mr. Moneybags in NY is gonna offer him. Especially knowing he doesn't have to.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
And if he had played a different lineup you’d be saying how he needs to give _______ a day off. He can’t win with some of you
No, I’d be saying he needs to give wisdom the day off even if it’s a fucking Sunday. Stop playing wisdom just because it’s a goddamn Sunday.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Thank you, sir. It's always good to eat a little crow now and then. I've done it myself more than a few times.

Just a heads up....the latest nitwit on the Forum is looking for a buddy.....apparently, you're it.

Counsel is riding the coattails for the Brewer staff, he's more lucky than good. Besides Ricketts would never pay him the money that Mr. Moneybags in NY is gonna offer him. Especially knowing he doesn't have to.

I read about Francona earlier today. That is also a legit match up. There is history in Boston and also a match up in 2016. So that might even be a more realistic pairing.

David's main failing has been in not playing the new guys and plugging in his 1.0 WAR vets over them.

Sept:
wRC+
Tauchman 90 PCA limited to 12 PA
Wisdom 67
Mad 47

Morel 107 could have gotten more play at 3B vs 1 game.
Gives more play to
Canario DH 5 PA and a 321 wRC+. This one makes little sense as he is productive and needs more reps against MLB pitching.

As a late inning 3B. Mastrobuoni. To give Miles his due he has had a hot stick so you have to play him.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I read about Francona earlier today. That is also a legit match up. There is history in Boston and also a match up in 2016. So that might even be a more realistic pairing.

David's main failing has been in not playing the new guys and plugging in his 1.0 WAR vets over them.

Sept:
wRC+
Tauchman 90 PCA limited to 12 PA
Wisdom 67
Mad 47

Morel 107 could have gotten more play at 3B vs 1 game.
Gives more play to
Canario DH 5 PA and a 321 wRC+. This one makes little sense as he is productive and needs more reps against MLB pitching.

As a late inning 3B. Mastrobuoni. To give Miles his due he has had a hot stick so you have to play him.
Francona has been hinting at retirement.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
No, I’d be saying he needs to give wisdom the day off even if it’s a fucking Sunday. Stop playing wisdom just because it’s a goddamn Sunday.
And so instead you get miles mastrobouni…that really make you happier??

Like what 3B options does Ross currently have?? Jeimer and lil man madrigal have been hurt

Somebody has to play 3rd

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only reason Ross gets launched is because the GM is totally inept. By not selling at the deadline and holding on too long to Stroman, he has Ross in a position where he must win with a team incapable of doing so. Hoyer's half assed attempt at buying was laughable. I said a month ago this was not a championship team but could slip in with all the slots now given out. To what end? Who are they gonna beat should they get there? Had the moron sold at the deadline, the kids would be playing daily and the rebuild would be continuing to move forward....now that's been set back and he's put a target on his managers head. If anyone should be fired, it's Hoyer....