Do you believe Trubisky has the tools to succeed?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
We won’t know for a few years. Even if he shows “flashes” this year he could regress the next year. Truth is we just won’t know for a long time. Be patient

Ask me again in year 4
LMAO you want fans to be patient for 2 more years after this season? Gtfo

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I don’t think you understand football. Why don’t you go look at the top ten QBs in the league and see how long it took them to develop. It don’t happen over night

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think a lot of it depends on how much of a tool Nagy is.

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Did you look at their stats the first 4 years? None are that impressive. I don’t think any QB threw for over 4K yards until after their 4-5th season

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Trubisky took a lot criticism for the horrible pass to Robinson in the end zone and a missed look to Cohen. And for inaccuracy issues in general throughout the 2nd half. But against GB he looked rattled at times even when there was no imminent pass rush. I don't think that has been discussed enough. It is is a huge red flag. That being said, it's too soon to write him off. I'm hoping for a much better game against Seattle. I think one of the most important factors of his development right now is whether or not he is learning from mistakes.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you look at their stats the first 4 years? None are that impressive. What’s your point?

Well the first years for all of them make Mitch look like bust. You're the one that asked for comparison, I just brought the links.

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Mitch didn’t start until week 5. Who makes him look like a bust? Most of the qbs you listed didn’t start their full rookie season. They had the luxury of sitting in the same system before they started.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The fact that you guys compare Mahomes who has an entire year in this offense to Mitch who hasn’t even played a full 16 games yet is ridiculous. Give the kid a chance already Jesus Christ it’s been literally one game in this offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Define tools to succeed. Does we have the tools to be a truly elite QB (Rogers, Brady) in this league? Not sure yet. The physical tools are thete though.

But does he need to be that elite QB for the Bears to succeed as a team? No, he doesn't. He just has to be good enough. And i think he will be that. Call them excuses if you want, but he was a green QB coming in, and is on his 2nd offensive system in 2 seasons already. With almost no preseason time, I dont see how any even halfway reasonable fan could have expected him to play lights out in game 1, especially it being at Lambeau under the lights.

If he is still playing close to the same at the end of this season...then we worry. Might see Chase in the game if it continues half the season though...

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Mahomes might still be a bust too. Wait some times to see how defenses adjust to him

Watson looks like garbage last week. Worse than Mitch
Derek Carr was an MVP candidate two years ago and look at him now. Fans can be inpatient if they want. That’s their right. I’m just saying it takes longer than 2-3 years to determine if a QB will be good or night

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mahomes might still be a bust too. Wait some times to see how defenses adjust to him

Watson looks like garbage last week. Worse than Mitch
Derek Carr was an MVP candidate two years ago and look at him now. Fans can be inpatient if they want. That’s their right. I’m just saying it takes longer than 2-3 years to determine if a QB will be good or night

Last I checked, Watson is trying to get used to his legs again after blowing out every single thing in his knee last year.

Watson had better stats than Mitch last year in nearly half of the games played.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
He absolutely can be a ten year starter and perrenial contender in the NFL. The lights were a bit too bright for him last week but if sports psychology tells us anything it's that if your coach hesitates and gets timid than his players and team will imitate that behavior. Confidence and enthusiasm are contagious and so is self doubt and hesitancy.

Leadership starts with the coach always. If it were any other way players and coaches and QBs would be getting replaced due to butting heads. This is on nagy

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
And he may have worse stats his whole career moving forward. What your point?

Both players can still go either way and have their own challenges. Yes Watson is getting his legs under him but he’s still in the same system with the same receivers. Mitch is learning a whole new system. It will be a while before we know their ceiling

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
latest

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still too early to know for sure, good or bad.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Cutler's debut in Green Bay had him throwing what, 5 picks? At least Mitch didn't do that.

Welcome back. You still owe me a visit for a music fest.

But, I could have predicted this. All Cutler fanboys hate Mitch. We are on opposite sides on this, again.
hell yes! My guys gaslight anthem just sold out stone pony. Wish I coulda gone :( - best rock n roll band past 15 years.

Any good shows ya been to lately?

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
If Trubisky hasnt blossomed by week 4?

He will never achieve greatness

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
This goes back to last season, but the Bears' FO simply doesn't stick to their convictions. This is why player development in Chicago doesn't exist and never will.

They signed Glennon for a reason. They definitely knew they would be aggressive in getting a QB in the 1st round well before the draft. They draft Mitch at # 2, but he clearly lacks experience even at the NCAA level to be playing anywhere on a NFL field for at least a full season.

Going into last season, Ryan Pace (and John Fox) knew that Fox was a lame duck coach. The moment Mitch was drafted Fox officially became a lame duck coach.

Glennon plays poorly out of the gate, and the Bears panic (to ticket sales) and throw Mitch into the fire completely unprepared with very little help on the offensive side of the ball.

They should have stuck with Glennon no matter what. The worst thing that could have happened to Mitch was playing last season and that is exactly what the Bears did under a lame duck coach and offensive coordinator in a run of the mill offense that has no business even existing in the NFL in this day and age.

Mitch was set back at least a full year to unlearn everything he did last year.

Stick with Glennon and the Bears are drafting Chubb instead of Smith, and they have their 2, 1st round picks next year and in 2020 plus another 23 million in cap room to provide depth and better starter quality throughout the roster.

This franchise is completely mismanaged and it shows on and off the field every single season.