How quick of a hook for Mitch vs Saints?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You could tell pretty quickly and easily when Trubisky just doesn’t have it. In the Green Bay game, you could see he was shitting himself almost immediately. His mind was in a panic, the pressure got to him. Paralyzed in the fear of making a mistake. The guy just cannot deal mentally. The Bears probably honestly do have a better shot with Foles in a playoff game.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You could tell pretty quickly and easily when Trubisky just doesn’t have it. In the Green Bay game, you could see he was shitting himself almost immediately. His mind was in a panic, the pressure got to him. Paralyzed in the fear of making a mistake. The guy just cannot deal mentally. The Bears probably honestly do have a better shot with Foles in a playoff game.

Agreed ?.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
So, if the Saints kill Foles on the field, whats the cap hit for the Bears?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fuck it. Start Foles. He's Nagy's guy. Trubisky won't sign back in Chicago anyway. Might as well get the full preview of the crap we'll be watching next year.

Have you been in a coma since week 2 or something?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Damn that seems so impossible at this point.
I agree. I had originally thought it would have been the Tampa game that year.
That game they scored tds on 6 of 7 drives to start the game

Last edited:

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
@Pegger nice tank. Jamar Chase no matter what.

Looking for your thoughts on this topic.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
How short is the hook for Pagan and this defense? Honestly they are the bigger question mark going into this game. If Nagy/Lazor get their heads on straight (also a big assumption) and run the offense that starts and stops with getting DM going than that side of the ball should be able to put up good time of possession numbers, move the sticks and hopefully keep the game in striking distance but it relies on the defense getting stops. The red zone trips also need to result in TDs and not FGs but I'm less concerned about having to pull Mitch than I am finding some defensive players who can actually play and make stops.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
How short is the hook for Pagan and this defense? Honestly they are the bigger question mark going into this game. If Nagy/Lazor get their heads on straight (also a big assumption) and run the offense that starts and stops with getting DM going than that side of the ball should be able to put up good time of possession numbers, move the sticks and hopefully keep the game in striking distance but it relies on the defense getting stops. The red zone trips also need to result in TDs and not FGs but I'm less concerned about having to pull Mitch than I am finding some defensive players who can actually play and make stops.

When is the last time the Bears offense put up 20+ on a top 10 defense.

The Bears ran 30 more plays and scored 16 points.

You should be equally concerned about the O.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
When is the last time the Bears offense put up 20+ on a top 10 defense.

The Bears ran 30 more plays and scored 16 points.

You should be equally concerned about the O.
The offense definitely has its concerns but at least has been functional at moving the ball and had its chances and seized upon some of them the last 4 weeks to get wins. Meanwhile the defense has been in a skid and has not looked ready to hold anybody in check for 4 quarters going back more than the last 4 games. While I know the offense has a tall task come this weekend, I'm more concerned about the defense sliding into the playoffs without much to show for it the last few games. We have to hope that our stars on defense suddenly get inspired and show up because if they are as ineffective at slowing down Breese and Co as they were Rodgers, it won't matter what we do on Offense.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
HAHAHA!!!! You're telling me we should be going into this game ready to pull the guy who has averaged over 30+ point in offense for someone else who averaged around 20 points?!?! NOPE! We ride or die with Mitch!

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
HAHAHA!!!! You're telling me we should be going into this game ready to pull the guy who has averaged over 30+ point in offense for someone else who averaged around 20 points?!?! NOPE! We ride or die with Mitch!

Another fallen victim to bum slaying Mitch.

Really wish that 30 point average would’ve carried over to a top 10 defense vs the packers but it never has once.

Hope Foles stays loose.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Scores 30 points against bums but can't top 10 or 16 in the 2 games against a good team

Please don't bring up that 15 points in garbage time :ROFLMAO:

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Another fallen victim to bum slaying Mitch.

Really wish that 30 point average would’ve carried over to a top 10 defense vs the packers but it never has once.

Hope Foles stays loose.

Mitch was a bit off, but was far from the culprit for the Bears loss. The offense had a limited number of possessions and did well to keep up. We lost a possession to a fumble and another one due to a poor 4th down call. Mitch threw a poor INT when the gane was getting away and he was trying to make a play. No excuse because it was an ill advised play.

But the real problem was that the Bears Defense couldn't keep up. Each of the first 3 drives were a TD and Rodgers didn't have a incompletion until the 3rd quarter where a wide open receiver dropped a walk in TD. Defense was abysmal as they were in the 1st match-up. GreenBay scored a TD on 5 of their 7 possessions and we were very fortunate it wasn't 6 for 7.

Blame Trubisky, but he was playing from behind and the offense kept us in it until the late 3td quarter due to an atrocious play call. He gave us the best chance and had a 85 QBR rating, his best of the season. Nick Foles wouldn't have given us any better a chance and that's the point of the post.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Scores 30 points against bums but can't top 10 or 16 in the 2 games against a good team

Please don't bring up that 15 points in garbage time :ROFLMAO:

Garbage time because the defense couldn't keep up. If the hundred million dollar defense could even force a 1st half incompletion let alone a punt, maybe our offense could compete. Mitch isn't getting paid 30-40 mil and no one is claiming he is a top qb. So it's ridiculous to hold him to a perfect standard.

But he is doing enough to sustain drives, keep the defense rested, win the field position game and score points.