I think the Bears are going to move quick and hire Josh McDaniels

Myrradah

Liked Posts:
McDaniels -
Not the leader that is needed.
Not a communicator - needed
Is it really him that has helped brady and the pats win or is it more Brady and Belichek and him riding coat tails? This is what see and believe from some of the shows I see on the patriots.

Id rather not take a chance on a guy who has shown he has no idea how to form a team and is a pretender.

Oh and Hi! new guy here.

Reactions: Myk

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
would be cool if one of these shows with ex gm do a mock coaching interview. It would be cool to see how it goes down

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Losing the rest of the Denver team, getting rid of other good players out of spite and performing poorly in 2 stints away from the Pats might have something to do with it. He may have tempered his personality by now and will not be have dictator responsibilities in his next gig but if you see other's trepidation as being about Cutler, you're the one with delusions.

That talking heads hatchet job with the Denver beat guys was extremely interesting. Cutler's name didn't come up once in the long list of grievances. Sounded like he treated everyone in the organisation and the press with absolute contempt all of the time.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I just while curious who McDaniels Denver coaches were found out he has a younger brother namee Ben who he first hired to the NFL level in demver as a quality control then qb coach and he's actually been the bears offensive quality control coach the past 2 seasons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Ask him. He'll like someone. He liked Tebow for Christ's sake.

Tebow for Tebow's sake???

Also, I still don't get the hate about McDaniels. Sure he was a young gun that rubbed the Broncos organization the wrong way but he did call out Jay Cutler for exactly who the f*** he was. You can't forget that. It's important to remember that.

Letting your hate for Cutler dictate the Bears after Cutler is gone is beyond idiotic.
Matt Cassel, a backup with even worse stats is the reason not Cutler. He didn't call Cutler out, he was unable to survive in the NFL outside of NE so he was determined to bring any crappy piece of NE to Denver he could.

I don't want the guy who rubbed their 3yr QB the wrong way because he wanted his chronic backup (who is only good enough to be a backup everywhere else) from home. I want the guy who made that 3yr QB work.

Getting rid of Cutler means he's a QB determining god? Orton, Tebow and Cassel says otherwise. Besides the obvious personal issues he's a bum who only survives off the Patriot hype.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Also, additionally to this point it will say literally volumes about Trubisky if Josh McDaniels takes the job offer and if he rejects it I hope that some of the more sensitive Trubisky fans are prepared for the feelings of rejection especially if the bears have to settle for a HC that isn't even historically focused on the offensive side of the ball

Orton, Tebow, Cassel. Get a fucking clue.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
There is something urgent about the head coaching search.

Really what made me think so was when the Bears requested to interview George Edwards.

They already had Wilks coming in next week if they wanted to satisfy the Rooney Rule. However, what if they did not want to wait until next week? If they had their group of guys, why not wait until you meet with Wilks to satisfy the Rooney Rule?

To me, the fact that they want to interview George Edwards this week means they want a decision made quickly.

What this also says to me is that they know who they want already.

It would be someone who they are interviewing this week. Which means it would be either Shurmur, McDaniels, or DeFillipo.

There is another interesting component to this as well. Ben McDaniels is already an offensive assistant on the Chicago Bears staff. He is someone who has been a quarterbacks coach before. And he is someone Pace can use as a direct line to McDaniels without needing to worry about tampering charges.

The other interesting nugget that is just pure speculation on my part but I am considering none the less is whether or not they are using this week to interview people as head coaches with the thought in mind that they would actually be coordinators under Josh McDaniels.

George Edwards and coach Flip both have contracts that expire as soon as their teams lose.

It is entirely possible that coach Flip is the Adam gase of a few years ago when we all thought he was a head coach candidate but people felt he was too young still to hire.

At the very least, with McDaniels antics, if he still has a bit of asshole to him, coach Flip would be able to be a good cop to McDaniels bad cop. Plus with two creative Geniuses in the building, they could perhaps develop something really special in terms of an offensive scheme.

Even more important is the fact that Josh would it be inheriting a very young team. This would be different from Denver where you had veterans set in their ways and pissed off at a coach shaking up the routines. A younger team would be more open to how McDaniels wants to do things.

Let me say that McDaniels is not my primary choice. However, if I am reading things right and of course I certainly could be wrong, I think McDaniels is the guy and we will see how the coordinator positions piece out from there.

It may be that they never even get to Nagy. They may do their due diligence if he is available on Monday ( not 100% sure on the league rules but I think he can interview after their game on Sunday), but especially if they have George Edwards already interviewed, and if Nagy cannot interview until later in the week, I would not be surprised if the Bears announced it this coming Monday. If Nagy can interview on Monday, I would expect an announcement on Tuesday.

Even if I am wrong on McDaniels, I suspect that the timeline would be the same. And if not McDaniels, it would be either Shurmur or Flip.

Just my feel right now. I could be completely wrong.

But I think George and Ted are going along because everyone knows among those three who they want and they want as much of a deal structurally in place as possible in order to move lightning quick.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

we already have a thread on this:

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...for-his-next-Head-Coach-might-be-his-personal

Mods please move

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t have an issue with McDaniels.

I don’t think the Bears are going to move quickly and I don’t think they are going to rush to hire McDaniels.

baredown

Liked Posts:
The underlying premise that the Bears have already made up their mind on who they want as HC is simply weak-minded prattle. Essentially, they'll be choosing between people who have a bad resume in terms of HC responsibilities, or people who have no resume in terms of HC responsibilities. Either way, they'll have to thoroughly vet whomever they're going to end up hiring. I suspect the interviews they're pulling together now are the equivalent of phone screens, ie., Are you interested in our HC position? What's your basic philosophy for the offense side of the ball? Defense side of the ball? etc. No way Pace decides on who the next HC is, until he's thoroughly picked that guy's brain, football-wise and managerial-wise.

It's also BS to be labeling Wilk's interview a Rooney rule type of thing. His resume is as HC-worthy as any of the other usual suspects. This nonsense about Pace's future being married to Tribinsky's development is just that, nonsense. Pace's tenure as GM will be based on how playoff-competitive the Bears become, not on how elite Tribisky becomes. If Tribisky evolves into another Luck, and the Bears still flounder around like the Colts, Pace is toast. If Trubisky only develops into a decent starting QB, but the Bears become a consistent playoff team due to an elite defense, Pace will have a long run. If Pace were to go the Wilks (or Schwartz...) route for HC, then he is betting on development of a top-level defense as the Bears best path forward from here. Not saying Pace will hire Wilks, but I wouldn't be surprised either...

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
there is a bit to not like about him. He was right about Cutler, yes.......but

he cheated and got caught
he drafted horribly and I mean real bad
he alienated a bunch of players
he acted like a tool and wanted to be the main attraction in Broncos Football
he started wearing a hoodie....seriously, be your own man
his second season in Denver with a bunch of his guys saw the Broncos go 3 and 9 before he was mercifully fired.
And let's not forget who replaced him because he was so horrible - John Fox.

Is Pace really gonna freast off of Elways trash?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
McDaniels -
Not the leader that is needed.
Not a communicator - needed
Is it really him that has helped brady and the pats win or is it more Brady and Belichek and him riding coat tails? This is what see and believe from some of the shows I see on the patriots.

Id rather not take a chance on a guy who has shown he has no idea how to form a team and is a pretender.

Oh and Hi! new guy here.

So who is your guy?

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really think that McDaniels ends up going to the Giants.

They are desperate to make a splash after their disaster of a season and the Mara's are much more aggressive than the McCaskey's.

If I were to guess I think we end up with a Nagy or Deflip type. Shurmur seems to lack that charisma that I think Pace covets in a HC.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd take a wait and see but he's not in my top 2 and probably more. It's not about ability for me. He's already demonstrated some leadership negatives and personality problems in previous situations. I'd have some concerns that he'd be all Eddie Haskell at the interview, perhaps with the intent to actually be a new man but when the chips were down, his true character would emerge.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I don't think we'll see any moves until a few days after Nagy gets interviewed frankly.

I was talking a patient through the various types of anti-psychotic medication available to them yesterday and immediately thought of the Bears. Basically each programme of treatment has a medical side effect: weight gain, mood swings, less substantial decrease in hallucinations, lack of sleep etc.

Every candidate the Bears have to interview has a big question that needs answering and/or a leap of faith that they can do the job.

My takeaway from this is that I need to stop thinking about the Bears HC search lol.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Tebow for Tebow's sake???

Letting your hate for Cutler dictate the Bears after Cutler is gone is beyond idiotic.
Matt Cassel, a backup with even worse stats is the reason not Cutler. He didn't call Cutler out, he was unable to survive in the NFL outside of NE so he was determined to bring any crappy piece of NE to Denver he could.

I don't want the guy who rubbed their 3yr QB the wrong way because he wanted his chronic backup (who is only good enough to be a backup everywhere else) from home. I want the guy who made that 3yr QB work.

Getting rid of Cutler means he's a QB determining god? Orton, Tebow and Cassel says otherwise. Besides the obvious personal issues he's a bum who only survives off the Patriot hype.

That sounds a little peanut butter an Jelly right there.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They all have issues.

It is hard for me to look at people who desperately want Flip, but don’t want McDaniels. Flip has called plays for 1 year, has no track record of offensive success and 90% of his career he has been 4-5 spots away from being the top guy.

I have Flip and Nagy as my top guys, but I have to admit they are massive risks.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Also, I still don't get the hate about McDaniels. Sure he was a young gun that rubbed the Broncos organization the wrong way but he did call out Jay Cutler for exactly who the f*** he was. You can't forget that. It's important to remember that.

It's important to remember Cutler only became Cutler after we switched offensive systems 8 times in 9 years. It's important to remember we fked Cutler up. No QB in history ever became good switching systems every year. Who knows how good he would have been.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
They all have issues.

It is hard for me to look at people who desperately want Flip, but don’t want McDaniels. Flip has called plays for 1 year, has no track record of offensive success and 90% of his career he has been 4-5 spots away from being the top guy.

I have Flip and Nagy as my top guys, but I have to admit they are massive risks.

My takeaway with McDaniels is that sooner or later some sort of regression is likely to take place. The hope would be...

1a) That he gets off to a good start, particularly offensively, so that the players buy in to his coaching ability.

1b) Trubisky benefits greatly from really good play calling and improved weapons that fit McDaniels' system

2) The regression, when it happens, isn't catastrophic and doesn't lead to good players leaving because we are winning.

I think this is the best case scenario and is more likely than people arbitrarily saying he's completely changed and has learned the lessons from his experience in Denver.

I completely agree that there are similar level risks with all candidates.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
if pace really thinks mcdaniels is the guy and is willing to put his own career on the line, i can jive with that

pace has a clear vision for this team that he's built so far, and if he wants to hook his wagon onto mcdaniels rather than defilippo/nagy/shurmur, then that's what it's gonna be.

he talks about conviction, so if he's all-in on a candidate, i can see a quick hire happening. i don't want it to drag out, watch coaches get hired while we got our dicks in our hands, and have to settle for someone that's not those top 4.