If I'm Mitchs agent I tell him to not play

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I would just make a public statement for Mitch.

He’s definitely injured. We don’t want him going on an injured throwing shoulder. It’s my job to protect my client. Even though he wants to play I’ve advised against it. The Drs will evaluate the shoulder and when Mitch is 100% we will get him back on the field.

Leave the door open. Make them commit to Trubisky publicly or fuck em.
Exactly and for some reason people in this thread think a conversation behind closed doors between a player and his agent is the same as making a public statement.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
There is 32 teams and only a handful of quality QBs in this league so the QB position is a little different and you know that. Bad QBs get 2nd even 3rd chances all the time. No reason another team that needs a QB can look at this situation and realize that NO QB could thrive in the train wreck in Chicago and might give him a shot.
Please name all the bad QB busts that were sought after when they held out, after being benched. Name one. If you can’t then do not reply to me or anyone else in this thread. Accept the giant L.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly and for some reason people in this thread think a conversation behind closed doors between a player and his agent is the same as making a public statement.
If doctors say he can play and he refuses, he can be suspended without pay. Looks awesome on a resume. Would he get signed somewhere? Sure but his agent knows his market value drops significantly for that move.

Even without that refusal, there's lots more financial risk not playing again this year and his agent knows that. At this point he's a benched QB. Would be much better for him to be the next QB that's better than a Foles. As long as he sits on the bench, his own team considers him worse than Foles and it hurts his market value.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
His worst possible scenario was playing for this team. In fact it’s every QBs worst nightmare.

no way if he were my client I’d let him ruin his career after they scapegoated him.

remember when it was “Mitch is the problem!”

now you can’t get any offense going because the line is exposed. Everyone is yelling blow it up!

And that’s how you know he was making all those people look better than the offense was.
When did this become Mitch fans vs Bear fans. If Mitch posted here, he'd be all over your ass.

Last edited:

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Somebody is going to give Trubisky a chance as a backup no matter what he does. I doubt other teams care that much about drama like this. They can see the situation in Chicago. They for the most part can see what’s happening. He wouldn’t be the first guy to make a business decision where an “injury” puts him on the IR or whatever. He’s still young and its clear Chicago is a dumpster fire. I guarantee you there are plenty of teams who will give him a shot because of all this.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
If doctors say he can play and he refuses, he can be suspended without pay. Looks awesome on a resume. Would he get signed somewhere? Sure but his agent knows his market value drops significantly for that move.

Even without that refusal, there's lots more financial risk not playing again this year and his agent knows that. At this point he's a benched QB. Would be much better for him to be the next QB that's better than a Foles. As long as he sits on the bench, his own team considers him worse than Foles and it hurts his market value.
why would they clear him to play when there is massive pain every time he moves his throwing arm?

Again the conversation between Mitch and his agent (what this thread is about) is not what is said to the Dr or the public or the front office. His agent telling him that "this team sucks you should not play another down" does not mean I'm saying Mitch should go to the podium and say "this team sucks and I will not play another down" I really dont understand why this concept is so hard for you guys to grasp

He doesnt have to play to be better then Foles. HE IS ALREADY IS BETTER THEN FOLES.
If he plays again and plays much worse then Foles (and there is a very high chance that happens with how shitty the team is at this point) how does that help him in the off season?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Like you said he has already outplayed Foles so him doing it again will not raise his stock. But if he plays worse and there is a good chance that happens his stock drops, if he gets injured again his stock drops. At best his stock will stay the same.

Go on IR or demand a contract. Simple options for him to "quit" without actually "quitting"

Do you think NFL teams are oblivious to the fact his outplaying Foles came against the Lions and Giants? He did not outplay Foles against Atlanta. So no one is going to give two shits about that. Now if he were to beat Green Bay then that would be something.

who said significant interest? More like whatever minuscule interest he might have at this point can only disappear if he plays

See above. If an NFL team is going to sign him off the back of like 2 good quarters against bad teams and ignore that he quit on the team then they likely are not a successful franchise.

The dude spent large portions of the Lions and Giants looking terrible.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Please name all the bad QB busts that were sought after when they held out, after being benched. Name one. If you can’t then do not reply to me or anyone else in this thread. Accept the giant L.
Brady Quinn huge bust held out and still played for 4 teams, Matt Leinart another Huge bust held out and still played for 3 teams. There is probably dozens more BUT that has absolutely nothing to do with this situation idiot, right now the failure of this team is not directed at the QB but at Nagy and Pace so you asking for examples of other QBs (which there are plenty) is pointless and has nothing to do with what this thread is about.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Brady Quinn huge bust held out and still played for 4 teams, Matt Leinart another Huge bust held out and still played for 3 teams. There is probably dozens more BUT that has absolutely nothing to do with this situation idiot, right now the failure of this team is not directed at the QB but at Nagy and Pace so you asking for examples of other QBs (which there are plenty) is pointless and has nothing to do with what this thread is about.

He said busts. Quinn and Leinart held out after being drafted and before anyone knew they were busts.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
why would they clear him to play when there is massive pain every time he moves his throwing arm?

Again the conversation between Mitch and his agent (what this thread is about) is not what is said to the Dr or the public or the front office. His agent telling him that "this team sucks you should not play another down" does not mean I'm saying Mitch should go to the podium and say "this team sucks and I will not play another down" I really dont understand why this concept is so hard for you guys to grasp

He doesnt have to play to be better then Foles. HE IS ALREADY IS BETTER THEN FOLES.
If he plays again and plays much worse then Foles (and there is a very high chance that happens with how shitty the team is at this point) how does that help him in the off season?

Does this agent know the difference between "then" and "than?"

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
So not one example in history that is similar to the situation you made a thread about, got it.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Do you think NFL teams are oblivious to the fact his outplaying Foles came against the Lions and Giants? He did not outplay Foles against Atlanta. So no one is going to give two shits about that. Now if he were to beat Green Bay then that would be something.

And foles putting up 106 yards 0TD and 1 INT against one of the worst pass defenses in the league.. what does that say for the foles vs Mitch to other teams? Fact is the blame was pointed at the Mitch and he got benched and things got worse.. much worse. Right now the focus is on nagy and pace. If you are Mitches agent THATS WHERE YOU WANT THE FOCUS TO STAY

See above. If an NFL team is going to sign him off the back of like 2 good quarters against bad teams and ignore that he quit on the team then they likely are not a successful franchise.

It is shocking and a little frightening that the number of people in this tread can not grasp a simple concept that a conversation behind closed doors between a player and agent is not a public announcement

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
And foles putting up 106 yards 0TD and 1 INT against one of the worst pass defenses in the league.. what does that say for the foles vs Mitch to other teams? Fact is the blame was pointed at the Mitch and he got benched and things got worse.. much worse. Right now the focus is on nagy and pace. If you are Mitches agent THATS WHERE YOU WANT THE FOCUS TO STAY

It is shocking and a little frightening that the number of people in this tread can not grasp a simple concept that a conversation behind closed doors between a player and agent is not a public announcement
Lol

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

You keep bringing this Bears current QB situation up like front offices use a "but he's better than Foles" matrix when evaluating a potential QB signing...

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
He said busts. Quinn and Leinart held out after being drafted and before anyone knew they were busts.
So what! you have 2 QBs that are busts.. that also held out for a contract. Did the fact that they are busts or they held out hurt there chances of getting on a new team yes or no?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Wow! He doesn't need surgery and has been cleared to play once it's less sore which will be by the next game. Same injury as 2018 where he missed 2 games. If that wasn't the case he's be on injured reserve and could have asked for that by now if he, his doc or his agent felt the need so you're just wrong.

The determination on whether he's better than Foles is made by coaches, not you. I happen to agree because there's still potential there but being able to play and not doing so sends the opposite message about who's better. If he plays again and does worse than Foles, then he's worse than Foles since his advantages are his legs and velocity which should put him at an advantage with this OL that's actually starting to show signs of improving. These points are self evident.

Why obfuscate the obvious to continue a false narrative?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So what! you have 2 QBs that are busts.. that also held out for a contract. Did the fact that they are busts or they held out hurt there chances of getting on a new team yes or no?
WOW! One of these things is not like the other. If Mitch chooses to not play, which is obviously not the case, it's not a hold out because there's no contract leverage. It's simply dissertation. He will get signed somewhere next year, almost regardless of what he does, but his value goes down more from that action than just either sitting like a good soldier or getting back on the field to prove his worth. His value can only go up by playing and go down by refusing to. Even an injury wont affect his current value much unless it's career threatening. It's football, if you refuse to play because you're worried about that sort of injury, you're in the wrong business and GMs are very conscient of it.

Last edited:

ImSure

Liked Posts:
totally off topic but is there a way to disable the video PC at the top. it takes up too much room on my Surface.