If I'm Mitchs agent I tell him to not play

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My god you are slow.

If as his agent you want him off this team (and you should because this team is a shit show) you have 3 options.

1) tell him we are having his shoulder looked at by our own Dr and keep him off the field by whatever medical means you can. and hit free agency healthy with saying at least he is better then Foles and it was all Nagys fault

2) hold out for a contract extension WHICH YOU KNOW WILL NEVER COME FROM THE BEARS BUT THATS NOT THE POINT OF DEMANDING A CONTRACT EXTENSION. and hit free agency healthy with saying at least he is better then Foles and it was all Nagys fault

3) let him play and risk injury and probably play like shit reducing your only bargaining chip that he out played Foles. and hit free agency with him playing worse then foles and maybe injured again..

you are picking #3 because you're a fucking idiot there is NO upside for number 3 and a shit ton of downside

So basically you are saying his agent should advise him to commit career suicide by building a resume of 1. Being a 1st round bust 2. Refuse to play football for the team who has him under contract. 3. Wait for a team who is looking for a bust who quit football to sign some sort of prove it deal?

I hope this agent has other clients who are capable of making a roster AND who actually play football, because I'm not sure you can make rent trying to negotiate a deal for a bad football player who would rather not play football.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If as his agent you want him off this team (and you should because this team is a shit show) you have 3 options.

LoL

So your first option is a violation of Article 39 of the CBA:

Within an individual Club, either the Head Team Orthopedist or the Head Team Primary Care Sports Medicine Physician, as applicable, shall have the exclusive and final authority to determine whether a player is cleared to return to participation in football activities.

Your second option was also covered in the CBA as part of the rookie wage scale...players that "hold out" while still on their rookie contracts are subjected to a $30,000 PER DAY fine by the NFL. That does not leave much $$$ leftover for the agent, but maybe your fictitious agent doesn't like money.

Your third option does risk injury, but it's how literally every player in NFL history gets paid.

Are we done now???

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
If he refuses to play he breaks his contract and doesn't get paid. Seems like a stupid idea for an NFL player to pull such a stunt.
yeah except that it happens all the time in the NFL. Players hold out for contract all the time.. nothing new to this situation

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
LoL

So your first option is a violation of Article 39 of the CBA:

Within an individual Club, either the Head Team Orthopedist or the Head Team Primary Care Sports Medicine Physician, as applicable, shall have the exclusive and final authority to determine whether a player is cleared to return to participation in football activities.

Your second option was also covered in the CBA as part of the rookie wage scale...players that "hold out" while still on their rookie contracts are subjected to a $30,000 PER DAY fine by the NFL. That does not leave much $$$ leftover for the agent, but maybe your fictitious agent doesn't like money.

Your third option does risk injury, but it's how literally every player in NFL history gets paid.

Are we done now???
yeah that fine is for holding out of camp so little different then what you are saying. You hold out of games then you dont get the game checks. And it would be really easy for him to just say he is having a hard time moving his throwing shoulder and never play another down here for the bears. problem solved.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Good players hold out, you are so dumb
yes good players hold out for a better deal, im not saying Mitch deserves a new deal.
The hold out is because they know MITCH WONT GET A NEW DEAL, that gets him off the team without playing another snap. My god how is this so hard for you guys to understand?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
yes good players hold out for a better deal, im not saying Mitch deserves a new deal.
The hold out is because they know MITCH WONT GET A NEW DEAL, that gets him off the team without playing another snap. My god how is this so hard for you guys to understand?
No you idiot. Good players hold out because they know they can get a contract with another team regardless of playing or not for their current team. In your scenario Mitch ends up out of the NFL.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Maybe you are just over-complicating it.

Why not tell Trubisky to use Nagy's visor as toilet paper?

Promise he never plays another snap in Chicago without breaching his contract.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He should play his game though. If he wants to run all day, I say he should. Let Daddy Nagy get mad. Fuck em.
I can’t wait till we hear “tell Nagy I said Fuck you”. Aka Jay Cutler

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even people who feel that Trubisky is a disaster as a quarterback agree that he is a great guy with an incredible attitude. Trubisky can't wait to get out there on the field again - with the Chicago Bears. He would fire this fictitious agent before he gave up the opportunity for another shot. That's what I think anyway.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
There is no upside to Mitch playing, the chance of him playing well in this shit show is very low and the chance of him getting hurt again is probably pretty high. If I'm his agent I tell him to sit out and right now his failures are starting to look more like its on Pace and Nagy. There is always going to be a team looking for a QB and might think they can use him.

His worst possible scenario was playing for this team. In fact it’s every QBs worst nightmare.

no way if he were my client I’d let him ruin his career after they scapegoated him.

remember when it was “Mitch is the problem!”

now you can’t get any offense going because the line is exposed. Everyone is yelling blow it up!

And that’s how you know he was making all those people look better than the offense was.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Imagine still being delusional enough to think 3M is good enough to quit on a team and still garner significant interest.

look it’s the guy who was wrong all season and his band of merry idiots.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
He is a free agent at the end of this year, they did not extend his 5th year option.

There is no right or wrong here, its all on what his agent would tell him.

If im his agent I tell him..
"Mitch pace has given up on you by not giving you a 5th year option, Nagy has given up on you by benching you for Foles. Mitch your future is not on this team, you have already injured your shoulder. Right now we need to look out for your future which is not on this team. You have already outplayed Foles (superbowl MVP) there is no point in playing again and risking another injury, No QB could thrive in this train wreck they have put together. Mitch I understand you want to play and if thats what you want to do then we should demand a new contract from the Bears. We should also get your shoulder "looked" at again to make sure it is 100% by our own Drs. So we hold out for our DR evaluation and a new contract before you play again."

So if you think i'm wrong lets here your argument from the agents side of things..

I would just make a public statement for Mitch.

He’s definitely injured. We don’t want him going on an injured throwing shoulder. It’s my job to protect my client. Even though he wants to play I’ve advised against it. The Drs will evaluate the shoulder and when Mitch is 100% we will get him back on the field.

Leave the door open. Make them commit to Trubisky publicly or fuck em.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I think I get it now. You think that players have stock that the agent can short sell. Like, the agent buys a bunch of put options on Mitch stock, then gives Mitch advice that completely tanks the Mitch stock to zero, and with Mitchell finally out of the NFL the agent cashes in.

I guess this strategy would work for a player like mitch but doesnt seem like a very sustainable strategy for an agent. What about his other clients that teams are more bullish on? Do they trust his advice after the big mitch short?

Besides, a players stock is not something that can be shorted as far as I know but who knows? You may be on to something.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
My god you are slow.

1) tell him we are having his shoulder looked at by our own Dr and keep him off the field by whatever medical means you can. and hit free agency healthy with saying at least he is better then Foles and it was all Nagys fault

2) hold out for a contract extension WHICH YOU KNOW WILL NEVER COME FROM THE BEARS BUT THATS NOT THE POINT OF DEMANDING A CONTRACT EXTENSION. and hit free agency healthy with saying at least he is better then Foles and it was all Nagys fault

3) let him play and risk injury and probably play like shit reducing your only bargaining chip that he out played Foles. and hit free agency with him playing worse then foles and maybe injured again..

you are picking #3 because you're a fucking idiot there is NO upside for number 3 and a shit ton of downside

Hes thinking about what’s best for the Bears. Not what’s best for Mitch.

He’s a winning QB with a solid TD to INT ratio on the worst offense in over a decade in Chicago and maybe the Super Bowl era.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I tested this theory today and my wife who is my agent told me get my ass off the couch and goto work. a fake shoulder injury has done my career zero good so far
Ill try again tomorrow and report back

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Really?

If you're Mitch's agent you tell him to establish a reputation as the guy who refused to play?

If you did that, I don't think you'd continue to be Mitch's agent.

Mostly because Mitch would never get another contract.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
No you idiot. Good players hold out because they know they can get a contract with another team regardless of playing or not for their current team. In your scenario Mitch ends up out of the NFL.
There is 32 teams and only a handful of quality QBs in this league so the QB position is a little different and you know that. Bad QBs get 2nd even 3rd chances all the time. No reason another team that needs a QB can look at this situation and realize that NO QB could thrive in the train wreck in Chicago and might give him a shot.