If I'm Mitchs agent I tell him to not play

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Exactly, this is a very unique situation. In this situation you have Mitch played marginally bad, and a change was made to a proven QB who won a superbowl and was the MVP and has played like garbage and worse then Mitch had played. That points to finger to other problems other then the QB. So in the Bears situation the problem is looking like they have a Special person HC and GM

This situation is not like any other out there. How bad is Mitch really? Who knows with this dumpster fire. But as bad as Mitch has played he is worlds better then a lot of the other Busts out there that still ended up on multiple teams.

exactly...

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
LoL

FYI: Those "almost identical stats" also include Trubisky playing in ten more games.
Yes it does, and a few extra game does give him an advantage in yards at least, but where are we with an advantage with playing under Fox vs Shanahan or Nagy vs Shanahan?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its real simple if Mitch doesn't play another down for the Bears would that hurt his chances of playing again?

Except that the point I thought you were trying to make is that Mitch not playing another down for the Bears would help his chances and that his agent should find shady ways to help him not play another down for the Bears.

Otherwise, this thread would have been "Do you think Trubisky will sign with another team?"

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cutler was still under contract for the following year, never missed a compulsory practice and had teams bidding on him. None of that would be the case here so how the fuck is that even remotely the same. In those Jay stats was the diabetes year that he had just overcome. Those years still had him in top 1/2 of starters in terms of rating and 3rd in yards the year before the trade. To not account for circumstance and claim their situations remotely the same is ridiculous. And Jay's OL was not outstanding and Mike Shanahan was kinda done with only one more winning season in the next 4 before retiring.

I agree with almost everything here, except the bolded... that is soooooooooo wrong.
His o-line was phenomenal. 11 sacks allowed in 616 attempts, 1.8 sack percentage.
That was by a long shot tops in the league that year.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Except that the point I thought you were trying to make is that Mitch not playing another down for the Bears would help his chances and that his agent should find shady ways to help him not play another down for the Bears.

Otherwise, this thread would have been "Do you think Trubisky will sign with another team?"
yes that was the original point of this thread until it merged into "mitch will be out of the league" or it would be suicide etc and then people demanding examples of other Busts.. which you are right has nothing to do with the OP and advice from his agent

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
yes that was the original point of this thread until it merged into "mitch will be out of the league" or it would be suicide etc and then people demanding examples of other Busts.. which you are right has nothing to do with the OP and advice from his agent

You original point was stupid.
First and foremost, your presented tactic would be transparent.
Any potential landing spot would assume he was afraid to play because he either knows he sucks, or afraid to get hurt. Both are red flags.
Any potential landing spot would also know he quit on his team.
Any potential landing spot would look at him and go "he needed to get a new contract. he was offered a chance to earn one, and he hid on the bench".

Players who need a contract want to play and earn one if the reason for not having a contract is that they never earned one.
To put it through the filter of a Brees or a Mahomes holding out for big money does not apply- they already have legendary status, they would just be wanting an even more blockbuster deal.

If you are endorsing faking his injury to drag it out, which you did not mention, that is even worse.
Any potential landing spot would look at the medical report and go "there is no structural reason for him not to play, therefore he has nerve damage that will trouble him forever, or, he cannot play through any discomfort"
Both of which would be giant red flags.

If he is deemed physically able to play, is called upon to play, and does not play, he is done. Every front office will see it for what it is.

So- the ONLY upside for mitch is playing and proving he wants to play.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Completely irrelevant. You guys are saying that if Mitch told the Bears to go fuck themselves that would be suicide.
A public fuck you netted multiple first round picks but a "injury" fuck you somehow means he is out of the league?

You guys are delusional.

Its real simple if Mitch doesn't play another down for the Bears would that hurt his chances of playing again? Well history has shown that it will not. A fuck you from the QB doesn't mean much as we have seen. A QB being a complete bust like Quinn doesn't mean much as we have seen. So to take the stance that If Mitch holds out for whatever reason they come up with as hurting his chances of getting on a team is stupid.
No one said it would be suicide. We said it hurts lots more than it helps. IE: Bad idea. You're the the one with the asinine comparisons/rationalizations and making a federal case out of it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why do you say that? In all likelihood he knows it’s over for him in Chicago. Or is he that naive that he’d pretend to be the knight in shining armor for 6 games.

60% of the fans don’t want him back. The staff gave up on him. The F/O didn’t even consider protecting or paying him or pretending that they’d eventually invest in helping him.

He doesn’t owe them shit. His teammates this year, won’t be next year. He’s basically got the worst situation of any QB in the last 20 years.

historically the worst offensive organization of the Super Bowl era. No investment in o line. No contract for his offensive players. No FA line signings. No TEs for 2 years. No proven #2. No run game.

Am I missing something.... ohhh yeah... a playcaller that’s been sketchy since he was hired.
Umm, his contract, his teammates, honor, leadership, self esteem. Other players don't hold contract stuff against each other. Quitters, ya, kinda.

And you absolutely become more of a Mitch fan than a Bear fan when you prefer to not do what's best for the team over what's (not actually) best for a player.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with almost everything here, except the bolded... that is soooooooooo wrong.
His o-line was phenomenal. 11 sacks allowed in 616 attempts, 1.8 sack percentage.
That was by a long shot tops in the league that year.
Ya, that's right. I remember Cutler scrambling and taking shots but that wasn't the OL.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lol, you want to dispute something else because your Special person agent advice was bukkaki shat upon and you've given up trying to twist it into something remotely plausible.

Well done, but not really. Thanks anyways.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You original point was stupid.
First and foremost, your presented tactic would be transparent.
Any potential landing spot would assume he was afraid to play because he either knows he sucks, or afraid to get hurt. Both are red flags.
Any potential landing spot would also know he quit on his team.
Any potential landing spot would look at him and go "he needed to get a new contract. he was offered a chance to earn one, and he hid on the bench".

Players who need a contract want to play and earn one if the reason for not having a contract is that they never earned one.
To put it through the filter of a Brees or a Mahomes holding out for big money does not apply- they already have legendary status, they would just be wanting an even more blockbuster deal.

If you are endorsing faking his injury to drag it out, which you did not mention, that is even worse.
Any potential landing spot would look at the medical report and go "there is no structural reason for him not to play, therefore he has nerve damage that will trouble him forever, or, he cannot play through any discomfort"
Both of which would be giant red flags.

If he is deemed physically able to play, is called upon to play, and does not play, he is done. Every front office will see it for what it is.

So- the ONLY upside for mitch is playing and proving he wants to play.

@dbldrew the agent be like 'Yo mitch here's the deal. You have no deal. And because I personally h8 your coach and GM we are gonna stick it to em. You hold steady while I slam your Corolla' door on your throwing shoulder so we can IR you while I tryn find a team with a gr8 OL and coach and no starting QB. I'll get you a better deal and this way you can avoid having to throw a football publicly until I secure this bag mkay???'

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
you forgot to back you your claim on why its in Mitches best interest to play now vs going on IR or demand a new contract?

A marginal at best QB playing in the worst offense in the NFL will help his stock how exactly?
Marginal at best? You mean worst starting (formerly) QB in the NFL and worse than several backups? He may never play a down ever again

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
So basically you are saying his agent should advise him to commit career suicide by building a resume of 1. Being a 1st round bust 2. Refuse to play football for the team who has him under contract. 3. Wait for a team who is looking for a bust who quit football to sign some sort of prove it deal?

I hope this agent has other clients who are capable of making a roster AND who actually play football, because I'm not sure you can make rent trying to negotiate a deal for a bad football player who would rather not play football.
No one said it would be suicide. We said it hurts lots more than it helps. IE: Bad idea. You're the the one with the asinine comparisons/rationalizations and making a federal case out of it.
nope

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Marginal at best? You mean worst starting (formerly) QB in the NFL and worse than several backups? He may never play a down ever again
Yeah Mitch played pretty bad but how much was that on Mitch and How much was on Nagy and Pace? Right now the focus around the league is that Pace and Nagy are Special person..

WE have an easy out to keep the spotlight on the Special person HC with his injury.. You want the spotlight back on Mitch?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So did I idiot, in referencing you
Listen, just because you made a thread that is nearly universally recognized for being terrible, doesnt mean you have to be hostile.

We are all human, make mistakes, say stupid things and some of us, such as yourself, stubbornly carry on and on with reckless abandon. You arent the last one to do this either, so no need to turn it into name calling and hate. It's just a football messageboard.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah Mitch played pretty bad but how much was that on Mitch and How much was on Nagy and Pace? Right now the focus around the league is that Pace and Nagy are Special person..

No the focus around this message board is that Pace & Nagy are Special person. Other teams looking for a QB are focusing on QBs. Holding a clipboard does nothing to draw their focus on Trubisky.