***OFFICIAL*** Montgomery is gonna be a beast

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I liked the pick and im hoping hes a pleasant surprise. I will temper my expectations. Just dont look in my post history and read what I just wrote about Mitch lol!

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I think we can get a little carried away with the college ypc……Thomas Jones a back we all admired in his three years here in Chicago had a 4.9 ypc at Virginia and had a very good pro career.

Thomas Jones played college football in the 1990's. If a Big12 defense can stonewall your production by "keying" on you, then that is not a good predictor of NFL success.

I think we can all admit that Montgomery's NFL success will belie his college statistics. It happens.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I am always optimistic excepts for when I am not... But how in the hell can you tell what this player may or may not be based upon Training camp... There is no way the defenders are going all out like they will in a game.

Montgomery did not have a college career that would make me believe that he was the next Hunt, so I will be cautiously optimistic that he turns into the next AP, but not the next Adrian Peterson (ours).

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I am always optimistic excepts for when I am not... But how in the hell can you tell what this player may or may not be based upon Training camp... There is no way the defenders are going all out like they will in a game.

Montgomery did not have a college career that would make me believe that he was the next Hunt, so I will be cautiously optimistic that he turns into the next AP, but not the next Adrian Peterson (ours).
FWIW, Eddie Jackson thinks he's gonna be a stud too:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:

I actually give that more merit than any of the reporters/CCS posters, but it could just be a team mate saying the right things... I'm glad to to be wrong, but I am not going to be convinced until we at least see some preseason action against another team going 100%.

I do think that since he is not a "starter" yet that he will see a considerable amount of time in the pre-season against other 2nd and 3rd stringers trying to make a name for themselves, so they will be going all out.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I actually give that more merit than any of the reporters/CCS posters, but it could just be a team mate saying the right things... I'm glad to to be wrong, but I am not going to be convinced until we at least see some preseason action against another team going 100%.

I do think that since he is not a "starter" yet that he will see a considerable amount of time in the pre-season against other 2nd and 3rd stringers trying to make a name for themselves, so they will be going all out.

It'll be interesting to see how much PT he gets in the preseason. Hoping for a decent amount.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Thomas Jones played college football in the 1990's. If a Big12 defense can stonewall your production by "keying" on you, then that is not a good predictor of NFL success.

I think we can all admit that Montgomery's NFL success will belie his college statistics. It happens.

I've seen you imply in multiple Montgomery threads that the Big 12 is bad competition. I don't understand where you're coming from. The Big 12 competes with the Big 10 for the title of second best conference in college football after the SEC. There are a lot of really good teams in the Big 12 (and a lot of really good run defenses).

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I had a coworker 49er fan talking about how he’s going to be a beast.. apparently the video went viral. There goes my fantasy sleeper pick.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He won't be facing the same defenders.
Fighting for extra yardage is good.
Staying upright, with no hope of more yardage, risking a turnover is bad.

Just be smart. I am confident he will be.
make opposing defense chase Cohen around, beat 'em up with Davis, then finish 'em off with Monty killing the clock.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I've seen you imply in multiple Montgomery threads that the Big 12 is bad competition. I don't understand where you're coming from. The Big 12 competes with the Big 10 for the title of second best conference in college football after the SEC. There are a lot of really good teams in the Big 12 (and a lot of really good run defenses).

Defenses are good against the run because its so easy to pass on them. Not sure how well Big12 RBs have done in the NFL lately. You have Chris Carson, Joe Mixon....Adrian Peterson with the time machine....

Montgomery's college YPC is unimpressive regardless of conference.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Montgomery has a special/new skill that people will be talking about, which no other runner really does - at least as much or as well... the coil and spring effect is what sets his contact balance apart. Just as in the highlight from TC. He compresses his body both down from the head/shoulders and up form the hips legs causing a coil effect to his body. Then when he gets contact this causes him to naturally act like a spring.. bouncing off the contact but also becoming stiff and solid in his new position, while also bouncing the tackler off him.. Just imagine a compressed spring exploding.

Most runners just lower their shoulder and keep driving their feet, this is how most Defensive players are used to taking/giving contact when tackling.

This skill will end up being copied and mimicked just like the Peanut Punch was, it will make Montgomery different and special to a certain extent.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
As I said before...it's as if Barry Sanders and Walter Payton had a love child!