Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I just felt a little dirty thanking Packer Fan for his post

10veitout

Liked Posts:
LOL @ Guapo once again making himself look like a Special person.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just felt a little dirty thanking Packer Fan for his post

I'm not that bad. Sure I hold an unpopular opinion in the Redskins situation but outside of that I'm here to talk about the Bears and football in general.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'm not that bad. Sure I hold an unpopular opinion in the Redskins situation but outside of that I'm here to talk about the Bears and football in general.

Mine is more for your avatar...I remember going ape shit at the end of that game. Then, I knew it was going to be a bad year if we lost to the Packers at Lambeau.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
I haven't answered your ridiculous question because you are leaving out an important piece, but to shut you up...Yes it is, now that we have that out the way answer my question, is 48>23? Would starting in 25 more games than another player allow that player to produce exponentially more than the other? Let's hear your excuses start to roll in.

And I didn't say you did either, learn to read...I said you made it out as if he beat out a top 10 QB...Locker didn't beat out a better QB, Locker beat out a Hasselbeck who was at the tail end of his career and is happy playing as a backup. Alex Smith is still a starter for a good team, even after Kap beat him out for the starting job. So unlike Hasselbeck who Locker beat out, Smith is still regarded as a starter caliber QB.

See above...and answer my question of is 48>23? a simple yes or no will do thank you. Everyone on this forum will get a kick out of your excuse...because despite what you are trying to convince yourself, I haven't made any excuse...I have just used an actual brain to show that your Special person logic of just comparing careers vs actually looking at the games starter is exactly that....Special person.

Saw you finally admit 28>7!:shot::success: Thanks for finally admitting your idiocy when it comes to production after the 6th time.

If you bothered to read I have already stated that Cam has started more games but for some reason Kap couldn't beat out a qb who has been benched a couple of times while Locker "didn't beat out a better qb" you say?:obama: Stopped reading there. It is getting embarassing how you are trying to spin your sad argument by saying Hasselbeck was not a better qb. It only shows how idiotic you sound trying to save face when you spew before you think.

Thank those kids for solving that rocket science problem of Cam having 4 TIMES the productivity on those TDs and thanks again for finally admitting 28>7. You are the best and I am satisfied with your amazing logic

Last edited:

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Saw you finally admit 28>7!:shot::success: Thanks for finally admitting your idiocy when it comes to production after the 6th time.

If you bothered to read I have already stated that Cam has started more games but for some reason Kap couldn't beat out a qb who has been benched a couple of times while Locker "didn't beat out a better qb" you say?:obama: Stopped reading there. It is getting embarassing how you are trying to spin your sad argument by saying Hasselbeck was not a better qb. It only shows how idiotic you sound trying to save face when you spew before you think.

Thank those kids for solving that rocket science problem of Cam having 4 TIMES the productivity on those TDs and thanks again for finally admitting 28>7. You are the best and I am satisfied with your amazing logic

2011 (the year Kap and Locker were drafted)

Alex Smith - 3144 yards, 17 TD's, 5 Int's, 61.3 comp %, 90.7 passer rating
Hasselbeck - 3571 yards, 18 TD's, 14 Int's, 61.6 comp %, 82.4 passer rating

Alex Smith - 1737 yards, 13 TD's, 5 Int's, 70.2 comp %, 104.1 passer rating
Hasselbeck - 1367 yards, 7 TD's, 5 Int's, 62.4 comp %, 81.0 passer rating

Alex Smith - 3313 yards, 23 TD's, 7 Int's, 60.6 comp %, 89.1 passer rating
Hasselbeck - 130 yards, 0 TD's, 1 Int, 58.3 comp %, 61.1 passer rating

In the past 3 years Alex Smith has out performed Hasselbeck not only in efficiency but in production...so if you feel that Hasselbeck was good in 2011-2013, than Alex Smith is a much better QB. So Locker did beat out a worse QB than what Kap did. And that doesn't include the fact that in 2011 Alex Smith was the starter for a team that made it to the NFCCG, in 2012 the Niners were 6-2-1 before he was injured and Kap took over, and then in 2013 was the starter for a Chiefs team that went 11-5 and made the playoffs where in the previous year had only won 2 games. But please keep trying to convince yourself that Hasselbeck was the better QB when Locker and Kap entered the league.

Marvin49

Liked Posts:
OK....

Greeting Bears fans. Niner fan here. No smack talkin here at all. My best friend in the world is a huge Bears fan...so much so that his wedding colors were Navy Blue and Orange (even though he insists it was an accident...yeah, right).

I'm also excited to be able to take him to the first ever regular season game at Levis Stadium...a Sunday Night week 2 matchup against your Chicago Bears.

I never intended to post here...but I just couldn't help but laugh my a$$ off at this thread. L Guapo? Man...you need help. You are being schooled six ways to sunday and you don't even know it. That's the worst part. Its OK to be wrong....its how DEFIANTLY wrong you are that's so alarming.

First off...I have to admit....I'm not a Newton fan. Has nothing to do with his physical ability. Has more to do with his personality. No biggy tho.

In comparing Kap and Cam tho there are several things to consider....many that are detailed here already.

1) Cam was drafted #1 overall by a team that was bad enough to be drafting #1 overall. He was an instant starter because they had nobody. Kap was a developmental QB with little experience in a pro style offense and played at Nevada, not in the SEC. Kap was ALWAYS the future at QB in SF from the day he was drafted, but he was RAW as all hell. Still is in many respects. Kap didn't start in year 2 because Alex Smith had his best season as a pro, went 13-3, and was an overtime fumble on a punt return away form a SB appearance. It should also be noted that in the games he played in the first half of 2012, he was posting the highest QB rating of his entire career. He has since left to help another team bad enough to have the #1 pick (Chiefs) become a playoff contender.

2) The fact that Guapo can't grasp the fact that he started 7 games and Cam started 16 is really comical. DESPITE Alex Smith having a QB rating of 104.1, the 49ers stuck with the young kid with speed and a big arm because he was better...even though he was still RAW. I mean for gods sake his 10th NFL start was in the Super Bowl and he was still learning how to play the position. Holding the fact that he didn't supplant Smith IMMEDIATELY on the depth chart shows a complete lack of understanding of the game.

3) Rushing yards/TDs. That's hilarious. Ya know why he doesn't have as many yards or TDs as Cam? Because he doesn't take on LBs straight up. He slides. He gets out of bounds. He protects himself from unnecessary hits. Where he DOESN'T protect himself running the ball is in the playoffs...where he is already the NFLs second all time leading rusher as a QB. 181 last year vs the Packers, more than any other QB in league history in ANY game. Another 99 against the Packers this year. Another 130 against the Seahawks. I can go on and on.

4) INTs. Left out of Guapos arguments COMPLETELY are INTs. Including the playoffs, Kap through 11 INTs last year. Cam threw 15 in 2 fewer games. SIX of Kaps INTs came against the best secondary in the NFL...the Seattle Seahawks in 3 games. He threw 5 in the other 16 games. To me, the most important stat for a QB is Yards Per Attempt. Why? It takes almost everything into account...comp %, Yards per completion, etc. Kaps YPA in his first season was an astounding 8.3. That's the highest among any starter in the NFL. What that means is that even though his comp % is lower, he is gaining more yards per completion than anyone else. IE...he's not throwing 5 yard outs like the guys who complete 70% of their passes. He's pushing the ball down the field all the time. Cam Newton was impressive himself BTW at 8.0. Just for the sake of curiosity, Jay Cutler was at 7.0.

This past year Kap struggled for large portions of the year. Losing Michael Crabtree, Anquan Boldin not being able to separate by himself, Vernon Davis hurting his Hamstring, no other WR being able to do anything, and yes, Kap having growing pains all led to his YPA dropping....to 7.7. LOL. Newton was at 7.1.

In a nutshell, Guapo....you are not the voice of reason in the darkness of fools. You are the fool who doesn't know he's a fool and everyone is laughing at you.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Any clever ideas on how to structure an online intervention?

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mine is more for your avatar...I remember going ape shit at the end of that game. Then, I knew it was going to be a bad year if we lost to the Packers at Lambeau.

But it was such a good ending. The broadcast of the end is on youtube if you want to relive the definitive proof that it was a touchdown.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
2011 (the year Kap and Locker were drafted)

Alex Smith - 3144 yards, 17 TD's, 5 Int's, 61.3 comp %, 90.7 passer rating
Hasselbeck - 3571 yards, 18 TD's, 14 Int's, 61.6 comp %, 82.4 passer rating

Alex Smith - 1737 yards, 13 TD's, 5 Int's, 70.2 comp %, 104.1 passer rating
Hasselbeck - 1367 yards, 7 TD's, 5 Int's, 62.4 comp %, 81.0 passer rating

Alex Smith - 3313 yards, 23 TD's, 7 Int's, 60.6 comp %, 89.1 passer rating
Hasselbeck - 130 yards, 0 TD's, 1 Int, 58.3 comp %, 61.1 passer rating

In the past 3 years Alex Smith has out performed Hasselbeck not only in efficiency but in production...so if you feel that Hasselbeck was good in 2011-2013, than Alex Smith is a much better QB. So Locker did beat out a worse QB than what Kap did. And that doesn't include the fact that in 2011 Alex Smith was the starter for a team that made it to the NFCCG, in 2012 the Niners were 6-2-1 before he was injured and Kap took over, and then in 2013 was the starter for a Chiefs team that went 11-5 and made the playoffs where in the previous year had only won 2 games. But please keep trying to convince yourself that Hasselbeck was the better QB when Locker and Kap entered the league.

Dude....just stop. You are really showing how desperate one can get when you just can't admit the reality of the situation. You took a huge step in admitting 28>7....good job

Hasselbeck was a 3 time pro bowler at the time. He has 34,647 passing yards, 201 TDs, over 60% comp, and 82.1 passer %

Alex Smith had been benched 3 times, had the worst TD/INT ratio in 2005 with 1 TD and 11 INTS (that is not a typo), had the worst passer % to Kellen Clements in 2007.
He has a whopping 17,593 passing yards, 104 TDs, UNDER 60% comp, and 81 passer %

Hasselbeck is better in all those areas in addition to being a very good pro bowl qb. Smith is not. Sorry bud, nobody that doesn't live in your fantasy world would agree that Smith was better than Hasselbeck.

Oh...by the way. Here is your little average argument to blow up your own productivity #s....again

Hasselbeck avg 228 yards per game >>> Smith's 195 ( that is under 200 per game for that better qb):kick:
Hasselbeck 1.32 TDs per game >> Smith's 1.15

Keep making horrible posts and blowing up your own dribble. Your idiocy is just plain boring but keep coming up with excuses why Kap couldn't beat out a manager who has been benched a lot while Locker beat out a multiple pro bowler.

P.S. 28 is 4 ×7 :shot::shot::shot: Thanks again

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hasselbeck's #'s since his last Pro Bowl Season(2007):

59 TD's 64 INT's
59.8% Completion %
75.4 Passer rating

Alex Smith's # over that same time span:
85 TD's 39 INT's
61.7% Compl %
88.5 Passer rating

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Dude....just stop. You are really showing how desperate one can get when you just can't admit the reality of the situation. You took a huge step in admitting 28>7....good job

Hasselbeck was a 3 time pro bowler at the time. He has 34,647 passing yards, 201 TDs, over 60% comp, and 82.1 passer %

Alex Smith had been benched 3 times, had the worst TD/INT ratio in 2005 with 1 TD and 11 INTS (that is not a typo), had the worst passer % to Kellen Clements in 2007.
He has a whopping 17,593 passing yards, 104 TDs, UNDER 60% comp, and 81 passer %

Hasselbeck is better in all those areas in addition to being a very good pro bowl qb. Smith is not. Sorry bud, nobody that doesn't live in your fantasy world would agree that Smith was better than Hasselbeck.

Oh...by the way. Here is your little average argument to blow up your own productivity #s....again

Hasselbeck avg 228 yards per game >>> Smith's 195 ( that is under 200 per game for that better qb):kick:
Hasselbeck 1.32 TDs per game >> Smith's 1.15

Keep making horrible posts and blowing up your own dribble. Your idiocy is just plain boring but keep coming up with excuses why Kap couldn't beat out a manager who has been benched a lot while Locker beat out a multiple pro bowler.

P.S. 28 is 4 ×7 :shot::shot::shot: Thanks again

This post might even be more Special person than his last one....

And that's saying something!

But in regards to Smith vs Hasselbeck

8>5

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This post might even be more Special person than his last one....

And that's saying something!

But in regards to Smith vs Hasselbeck

8>5
Ironically enough even with Smith's turd of a rookie season if you compare career numbers(rate wise) Smith and Hasselbeck are almost indistinguishable.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Ironically enough even with Smith's turd of a rookie season if you compare career numbers(rate wise) Smith and Hasselbeck are almost indistinguishable.

That's funny...considering how Guano is making Hasselbeck out as a world beater

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's funny...considering how Guano is making Hasselbeck out as a world beater

Smith:
TD%: 3.9
INT%: 2.6
Comp: 59.5%
Y/A: 6.6
AY/A: 6.2
Y/C: 11.0
Y/G: 185.2
Rate: 81.0

Hasselbeck:
TD%: 4.0
INT%: 2.9
Comp: 60.4%
Y/A: 6.9
AY/A: 6.4
Y/C: 11.4
Y/G: 175.9
Rate: 82.1

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

Is this kinda like calling Cutler a pro bowl QB?

Remember how well Hasselbeck played against the Bears in 2012?

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Thankfully I have not followed the prevailing logic (lol) of this special-needs debate. That said, isn't the subject about Kap's contract? Weird that a thread would depart on a tangent.

Anyway, if the crux of this debate revolves around Kap's rookie season, the reason he didn't start that year was less about Alex Smith and far more because he ran a Pistol offense at Nevada and had no previous exposure to a pro-style scheme.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is this kinda like calling Cutler a pro bowl QB?

Remember how well Hasselbeck played against the Bears in 2012?

Vince Young has made two PB's, one of them more recently than Hasselbeck. VY is currently squeegeeing windows on a corner in Austin.