Update On The "Great Moves".

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't recall anyone (maybe other than chris j) that has said Theo doesn't make mistakes.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Theo and them have made mistakes already. They have admitted to some and they will make more. All GM's and team do except the Cardinals. The pick up a pile of shit turn it to gold and when they give it away. It turns back into a pile of shit.

And nobody on here is pretending like they have a crystal ball and will go an eternity without making some kind of personnel mistake. There's never been one person who's sat here and refused to admit that there haven't been things that could've went better. I wish we wouldn't have been outbid for Yu Darvish. I wish that the Tigers wouldn't have played Theo on the whole Anibal Sanchez deal and we were able to get him instead of Edwin Jackson. If that would've happened, I really think Matt Garza would still be here. To be honest, I would've preferred that the Cubs would've taken Gray in the draft over Bryant, but you know what? It didn't happen.

I don't concentrate on hypotheticals in terms of "what we could've or should've done". I understand and support how our front office is approaching a roster rebuild. Some people don't. Fruitful, intelligent conversation can stem from philosophical disagreements, but unfortunately for all of us, we have a handful of assholes that'd rather hijack threads and turn them into redundant arguments. As somebody who enjoys spending time on here and talking to some of the people on the website, it gets old. All I'm asking for is a little insight and thoughtfulness put into posts and responses. Shame on me for expecting that.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
And nobody on here is pretending like they have a crystal ball and will go an eternity without making some kind of personnel mistake. There's never been one person who's sat here and refused to admit that there haven't been things that could've went better. I wish we wouldn't have been outbid for Yu Darvish. I wish that the Tigers wouldn't have played Theo on the whole Anibal Sanchez deal and we were able to get him instead of Edwin Jackson. If that would've happened, I really think Matt Garza would still be here. To be honest, I would've preferred that the Cubs would've taken Gray in the draft over Bryant, but you know what? It didn't happen.

I don't concentrate on hypotheticals in terms of "what we could've or should've done". I understand and support how our front office is approaching a roster rebuild. Some people don't. Fruitful, intelligent conversation can stem from philosophical disagreements, but unfortunately for all of us, we have a handful of assholes that'd rather hijack threads and turn them into redundant arguments. As somebody who enjoys spending time on here and talking to some of the people on the website, it gets old. All I'm asking for is a little insight and thoughtfulness put into posts and responses. Shame on me for expecting that.

Im fine with discussions and disagreements. I just stated my thoughts on the matter. I don't hate what Theo is doing and I put more blame on Ricketts for how some things have went. Theo and them have done good things and they have done some dumb things. It happens. Its baseball. You have to admit a good bit of Cubs fan do worship the ground he walks on and it probably irritates people. Theo has made mistakes in Boston. He has made him here. I think we all can agree we just want success in the end.

Next year, this team needs to make big strides whether in development or winning. If they don't, then Theo should start taking some heat. I think we actually go after FA's in the offseason because Ricketts is seeing those ticket sales are falling hard.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
I don't recall anyone (maybe other than chris j) that has said Theo doesn't make mistakes.

And yet every time one of the mistakes is pointed out, the Troll Patrol comes running jumping up and down and throwing sippy cups everywhere about how it wasn't a mistake.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, I truly apologize for coming to a sports message board wanting to talk about sports, instead of having to wade through a waist-deep river of bull shit and complaining. Why don't you go back to the White Sox forum and celebrate getting Avisail Garcia? Or would you rather whine about my Facebook updates that celebrate a Cubs win?

I kind of wanted the Cubs to get Avisail Garcia to be honest...

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And yet every time one of the mistakes is pointed out, the Troll Patrol comes running jumping up and down and throwing sippy cups everywhere about how it wasn't a mistake.

So then what was this?

I wish we wouldn't have been outbid for Yu Darvish. I wish that the Tigers wouldn't have played Theo on the whole Anibal Sanchez deal and we were able to get him instead of Edwin Jackson. If that would've happened, I really think Matt Garza would still be here. To be honest, I would've preferred that the Cubs would've taken Gray in the draft over Bryant, but you know what? It didn't happen.

There's no sense in talking about things that are done and over with. Other than having to settle for Edwin Jackson, what other mistakes has the front office made? You can't point to the prospects they've drafted or the trades that were just made because there's absolutely no way to gauge the effects of those trades in two weeks. Please, point one out.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

The Troll Patrol as in you?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I kind of wanted the Cubs to get Avisail Garcia to be honest...

Who would you have wanted them to give up to get him? The Cubs tried working out deals with Detroit pertaining to a reliever and there was never any traction. Garcia is a great prospect, it's a shame the Tigers had a logjam in left field and never really gave him a shot. Ditto with Castellanos.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Building a sustainable roster??

Who on the current roster is part of a winning sustainable roster??

This is a question asked before. Very little feedback from anyone other than the Mighty Rubio, who claims Turd Wood, Feldman, and Shietholez fit the bill.

I'd say after two seasons we are well on our way to sustained success and multiple playoff appearences.

I was well out of high school when McPhail was introduced as the savior. There are glaring similarities between what was promised then and what is now. I don't believe for a minute just because the Cubs have thrown more expansive computer software and people at the project that it's going to turn out any different.

It doesn't take alot of people to do what Epstein is trying to do. It takes ONE SMART ONE. Unfortunately we didn't get Billy Beane or Freidman. We ended up with someone that has NEVER done it before. His two WS rings with Boston and what he did there are not even close to what is going on here. Quite frankly, Boy Blunder and his clan of "masterminds" are failing miserably. They have done nothing right except waste time.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who would you have wanted them to give up to get him? The Cubs tried working out deals with Detroit pertaining to a reliever and there was never any traction. Garcia is a great prospect, it's a shame the Tigers had a logjam in left field and never really gave him a shot. Ditto with Castellanos.

Your post made it seem like he was not, and that was all I was trying to get across.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Your post made it seem like he was not, and that was all I was trying to get across.

Nooooooo, I've been high on Garcia for a while. A bit higher on Castellanos because his bat seems more developed at this stage, but I was totally jealous they had two high ceiling outfielders who were major league ready.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nooooooo, I've been high on Garcia for a while. A bit higher on Castellanos because his bat seems more developed at this stage, but I was totally jealous they had two high ceiling outfielders who were major league ready.

Okay carry on then because yeah I would have loved to snag a guy like Garcia at the deadline.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Darwin Barney would have netted him! Fuck you Theo! :cubstroll2:

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
what other mistakes has the front office made? You can't point to the prospects they've drafted or the trades that were just made because there's absolutely no way to gauge the effects of those trades in two weeks. Please, point one out.

Ian Stewart

Chris Volstad

Scott Baker

Scott Hairston

Luis Valbuena (I really am missing all that great talk about how he is out producing Eric Chavez)

Kyuji Fujikawa

Justin Germano

Have you even been paying attention??

Minus Garza, Soriano and whomever else might get dealt in the next month, the team is worse than it was at this point last year and the Cubs finished the season 18-36. That is entirely possible again which would leave the Cubs at 66-96.

Yet you will be the first to talk about what great progress that is.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ian Stewart

Chris Volstad

Scott Baker

Scott Hairston

Luis Valbuena (I really am missing all that great talk about how he is out producing Eric Chavez)

Kyuji Fujikawa

Justin Germano

Have you even been paying attention??

Minus Garza, Soriano and whomever else might get dealt in the next month, the team is worse than it was at this point last year and the Cubs finished the season 18-36. That is entirely possible again which would leave the Cubs at 66-96.

Yet you will be the first to talk about what great progress that is.

Don't forget Arroydis and Bowden.