What does a successful rookie year look like for Caleb Williams?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
hit the nail on the head and they know exactly why theyre doing it
If Williams is the generational QB that damn near EVERYBODY says he is why can't we compare him to the best rookie QB seasons in recent history (Justin Herbert and CJ Stroud)?

If he really is among the top QB prospects ever then he should have the highest of expectations.

napo55

Liked Posts:
A rookie QB with new offensive coaches. Probably a three or four win season is realistic.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
i dont care about stats. i just hope he doesn't show up on tmz with a boyfriend. That would be a bad season for me and @dentfan both am i right brother?
Wow! Thanks for caring about my feelings so much. I’m glad I have a shoulder like yours. Also, I’m proud of you that you’re so comfortable in your sexuality that you can come out like that. I’m here for you too, bro. I got you.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Assuming we add at least one stud pass rusher at DE/DT, vet C, vet No 2 WR and top WR/Bowers via draft then 4k yards 25 TDs and a playoff berth.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A successful rookie year would look like 1/2 this Board not still lamenting Fields.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
A successful rookie year would look like 1/2 this Board not still lamenting Fields.
It's fckn hilarious how upset people are. Same people making excuse after excuse for Fields having a 2.5k yards following up a 2.2k yard season are now saying if the next guy doesn't have a 4k yard season in week 1 its over! xD

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Agreed but this isn’t just any QB. The number 1 pick, considered Mahomes like. I guess I expected more. Nothing insane but more
So now all the sudden we care what the top draft pundits are who get it wrong every year? When does anyone give a fck what they think? I'm pretty sure a made a thread a while back polling to see who thought CW was a sure thing and it was only you and 2 others that voted yes... everyone else voted no. Majority of people here don't think CW is a sure thing.

Keep punching the air though!

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So now all the sudden we care what the top draft pundits are who get it wrong every year? When does anyone give a fck what they think? I'm pretty sure a made a thread a while back polling to see who thought CW was a sure thing and it was only you and 2 others that voted yes... everyone else voted no. Majority of people here don't think CW is a sure thing.

Keep punching the air though!
I don’t care about draft pundits but it’s funny how now everything y’all said now goes out of the window when challenged. Air here remains unpunched but now we know CW is no longer a generational sure thing and shouldn’t have high expectations. You sure you don’t want Jayden ?

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Pretty low bar for a "generational QB".
They already have a guy that can/will blow those stats away that folks want to dump.
Bunch of hypocrites for a shing new toy that will wear off quickly like a new set of golf clubs,
oh, wait it wasn't the old clubs after all.
True if I was talking about his career.....I understood the question as his rookie year expectations.....I could have misunderstood.

Rise

Liked Posts:
4k yards PASSING and 30 TD's @Rise

Any less than that and he's a bust

By year 3 he will do this or I’d be extremely disappointed. I anticipate it to be done year 2. If he does it his rookie year it’s time to start talking multiple super bowls.

Bust is a strong word, but if he can’t do this by year 3 he won’t be a top tier NFL QB, like Justin Fields. I gave Trubisky (bust) 3, Fields (below average but starter) 3, it’s the same for Williams before I’ll judge him.

In fact this bar is so low just doing this doesn’t mean a QB is top tier. It’s just God mode to Bears fans.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Williams is the generational QB that damn near EVERYBODY says he is why can't we compare him to the best rookie QB seasons in recent history (Justin Herbert and CJ Stroud)?

If he really is among the top QB prospects ever then he should have the highest of expectations.

Funny how you dont have the same standards for the QB thats been here for 3 years already

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just progress from game to game. Like every rookie, there will be bad games in between.
This and a 2:1 TD:INT ratio.

Is that a big ask in 2024? I don't think so considering all the rules designed to help offenses.

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny how you dont have the same standards for the QB thats been here for 3 years already
Good point. 4,000 yards passing, 30 TDs, 2:1 TD to INT ratio, playoffs . . . for a rookie learning a new system with a new offensive coordinator. He's good, but to say he has to put up Holla Fame numbers in his first year or he's a bust? Come on, fellas . . .

I get the idea Fields Fanboys are resigned to the inevitable and these lofty mandates are in many cases more about sour grapes than honest evaluations and expectations. Fields hasn't come close to those kindsa numbers in 3 years - is he a bust? I suspect there's no straight answer to that question . . .

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
This and a 2:1 TD:INT ratio.

Is that a big ask in 2024? I don't think so considering all the rules designed to help offenses.
As long as he’s ahead of Fields at the end of year 3. Just hoping he is and earlier.

Reactions: DC

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good point. 4,000 yards passing, 30 TDs, 2:1 TD to INT ratio, playoffs . . . for a rookie learning a new system with a new offensive coordinator. He's good, but to say he has to put up Holla Fame numbers in his first year or he's a bust? Come on, fellas . . .

I get the idea Fields Fanboys are resigned to the inevitable and these lofty mandates are in many cases more about sour grapes than honest evaluations and expectations. Fields hasn't come close to those kindsa numbers in 3 years - is he a bust? I suspect there's no straight answer to that question . . .

Well the answer to that is simple. Its someone else's fault

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Yes, that QB never got generational hype and he's also a proven commodity after three years of NFL play so having higher expectations than he's shown makes no sense.

Nobody is claiming Fields is generation or expects top of the league play. You're arguing with ghosts.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Here's a fun stat I heard today: Of the 19 passing TDs this year for the Chicago Bears, 10 of them were caught by WRs. 8 of them were by DJ Moore. The most recent TD caught by a WR for the Chicago Bears whose name isn't DJ Moore happened in Week 2.

It was Chase Claypool.